Provide Required Documents Below:
For International Students:
- Application Form
- Study Permit and Entry Visa
- Previous two years’ transcripts *Transcripts from overseas need to be translated into English and notarized.
- Medical Insurance
- Custodian Declaration Letter (If under 19 years old).
- Home Stay Application and Forms. (Must be submitted at least 10 working days before the intended first day of stay at the host family).
For Local Students:
- Application Form
- Permanent Resident Card/Canadian Passport
- Previous two years’ transcripts
- Medical Insurance
- Please see the attached School Fee details
- Contact school advisor to issue Payment Notice or ask questions if needed:
email@example.com or 604-683-4572
- Pay school fee via below methods: Cash (in-person only), WeChat Pay, Personal Cheque, Money Order or Bank Draft, Credit and Debit Card (in-person only)Online banking (Wire transfer, Direct Deposit, Interac e-transfer)
Payable to: “St. John’s International School,” Mailing address: 395 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Y 1A7
Once all the fees have been received, a “Letter of Acceptance*” will be sent to the student. International students should then take this letter to the Canadian Embassy or Consulate to apply for Study Permit.
Letter of Acceptance, “LOA” is to provide the application procedure in order for student to apply for the Student Permit. It does not guarantee that the student can register for courses and take English Proficiency Test, until the Student Permit is approved and issued.
Students are required to take an English Proficiency Test before enrolling in class if:
- Students new to Canada
- Students currently taking ESL courses
- Students without a BC Ministry of Education English 10 grade with passing grade of 50% or over
Once the test is completed, the student will be placed into ESL Level 1, ESL Level 2, ELD10A, ELD10B, or Eng10 accordingly.
Students will be granted refund if one of the following circumstances are met:
1) If Study Permit is not approved by the Canadian Immigration Authorities, the following will have to be provided:
– Original Rejection Letter from Canadian Embassy or Consulate
– Fill out “Refund Request Form” from St. John’s International School
2) If the student has graduated from St. John`s International School with a Dogwood Diploma that shows St. John`s International School as his/ her home school and the full tuition was not required to complete the program. A partial refund of unspent or uncommitted fees will be considered.
3) The student has enrolled and remitted fees but fails to meet SJIS admission standards and did not misrepresent his or her knowledge or skills when applying for admission.
Students will NOT be granted refund under the following circumstances:
1) Student receives the Study Permit by using the St. John’s International School’s Letter of Acceptance;
2) Student is expelled from St. John’s International School.
3) The student transfers to another school.
4) The student leaves St. John’s International School without written notification.
5) The student does not attend school within 6 months of receiving the school’s Letter of Acceptance and no written contract is received from the student or guardian.
*All inactive student files will be closed after 6 months without contact from student or guardian. Tuition will not be held in this case.
If one of the tuition refund circumstances is met, the student may request for a refund by providing any required documents and submitting a completed Refund Request Form in order to process the refund. All applications fees (including Custodian Application Fee and Homestay Application Fee) are Non-refundable and $300 Administration Fee. The normal processing time for tuition refunds is 2 to 4 weeks